About me..

My names Martin (Marty) and I am a Decorative Arts Student at Nottingham Trent, currently in my second year.
I went to St. Marys Secondary school in Limavady Northern Ireland form the ages 11 to 16 were I did my GCSEs and found my love for all things art. After my GCSEs I went to Limavady Grammar School to undertake my A Levels and further my interest in Art but sadly it was not to be. The teacher and I did not see eye to eye on our approach to how art should be created. My theory was go with the flow and do what you want were as she was all theory. Everything had to have a reason behind it and a bloody story behind it. Why? Despite this I scraped by and got a place in the North West Regional College Limavady in Northern Ireland. This was an amazing year, one I truly enjoyed, and discovered so much more about art, the skills it has to offer, the jobs it has to offer and the different sectors within the Art and Design world. My tutor Angela McClarey was my biggest influence and rekindled my love for creating Art. 
        After my foundation year I got a place in Nottingham Trent University studying Fine Art. Listen to me now people DO NOT EVER IN YOUR LIFETIME STUDY FINE ART! IT IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF BULLSHIT I HAVE EVER HAD TO PARTAKE IN IN MY LIFE! MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THAT COURSE ARE STUCK UP, VOID OF TALENT, IDIOTS! THE WORST 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE! THE FACT WE EVEN PUT MONEY INTO THAT MEANINGLESS COURSE IS BEYOND?! I CAN SAY WITH CONFIDENCE I KNEW MORE THAN MOST OF THE TUTORS ON THAT COURSE! 
    Ok rant over. Get my point? After 2 dreadful years I transferred to Decorative Arts (don't let the name fool you. It is very hard and there is a lot of heavy machinery usage involved). I am so glad I got the transfer or I probably would of beat a fellow student or tutor to death with their so called 'Art'. All is good now in the land of Marty. As for my work I never try to do the same thing twice. I always aim to keep my ideas evolving and never get stuck on the same thing. These artists who are recognised because their work looks the same throughout is not how I want to be recognised. I want to constantly surprise people and expand my own skills while doing so. Take a look around and let me know what you think. Take a look at Boom Kraft as well. It's my company I am trying to set up. I'll not tell you too much about it. You'll have to go and see what it's all about for yourself. Enjoy my Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment